Featured post

A Journey through the Desert

( First posted in Portuguese,  in March 2016) For Julia , The Princess with the Green Slippers 'Julia! Bernardo!&...

Wednesday 29 July 2015

Haiku - First attempt(s)

Haiku baffle me, I must confess.
And how does the «cutting word» really work anyway? Even after these two humble attempts, I'm not quite sure whether I used it correctly or would actually be able to identify it.



Fat frog on a pad
one less dragonfly around -
Just life on the pond


Don't you vanish now
What of your honey so sweet?
My tea forever bitter




Somehow I feel tempted - Oh so tempted - to give each of these samples a title.  If so, would they still be considered haiku

As they are, can they be called haiku or is it too audacious or over-ambitious of me?  

Your help in clarifying these questions is more than welcome - and obviously needed.



No comments:

Post a Comment